Mon, Oct 23|
INTRO TO FREEDIVING OCT
OCT 23 SOLD OUT - Contact for NOV dates Have you ever dreamed of exploring the underwater world free from equipment? $200 + HST No hidden fees - includes classroom session and pool fees.
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2023, 6:45 p.m. – 10:45 p.m.
Toronto, 590 Rathburn Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9C 3T3, Canada
About the Course
Freediving is the most natural and serene way to explore the depths of the oceans with minimal impact.
Anyone who has held their breath underwater has free dived. However, freediving is not simply about seeing how long you can hold your breath or how deep you can go on a single breath. You have to create the right attitude and pay attention to the limits of your body and mind. The true appeal of freediving is in the silence and calm it brings to people’s hectic lives.
Our intro to freediving is a 1/2 day experience program where you learn how to:
• Safely extend breath hold time
• Learn the dos and don’ts of freediving
• Understand the basic principles of your physiology
• Minimize inefficiencies in swimming techniques
• Effectively duck dive
• Effectively equalize
• 2-hour Classroom session, focused on knowledge development.
• 1 to 1.5 hours Confined Water session, practicing rescue and safety techniques for breath-holding.
• There is no Open Water training in this course.
• Minimum age of 16-years-old
• Comfortable in water
• Good health
What to bring:
• Mask & Snorkel *
• Fins *
• Bathing suit
Helpful but not required:
• Dive Computer/waterproof timing device
• Personalized instruction from advanced freediving specialists
• Knowledge Development Classroom Session
• Skills Development Confined Water Session
CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS
*Students are required to own their own mask, snorkel and fins. If you do not own your own gear we have rental options available.