Time is TBD|
INTRO TO FREEDIVING
Have you ever dreamed of exploring the underwater world free from equipment? $175 + HST No hidden fees - includes classroom session and pool fees.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Dive World, 3138 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON M8V 1L4, Canada
About the Course
Freediving is the most natural and serene way to explore the depths of the oceans with minimal impact.
Anyone who has held their breath underwater has free dived. However, free diving is not simply about seeing how long you can hold your breath or how deep you can go on a single breath.
You have to create the right attitude and pay attention to the limits of your body and mind. The true appeal of freediving is in the silence and calm it brings to people’s hectic lives.
Our intro to freediving is a 1 day experience program where you learn how to:
• Safely extend breath hold time
• Learn the dos and don’ts of freediving
• Understand the basic principles of your physiology
• Minimize inefficiencies in swimming techniques
• Effectively duck dive
• Effectively equalize
• 2-hour Classroom session, focused on knowledge development.
• 1 to 2 hours Confined Water session, practicing rescue and safety techniques for breath-holding.
There is no Open Water training in this course.
What's the benefit?
Explore any body of water without the need for equipment. More freedom, more spontaneity, less cost.
• Minimum age of 16-years-old
• Comfortable in water
• Good health
What to bring:
• Mask & Snorkel
• Timing device or Dive Computer
• Full Wetsuit—suggested, but not required
• Personalized instruction from advanced freediving specialists
• Knowledge Development Classroom Session
• Skills Development Confined Water Session
CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS
*Students are required to own their own mask, snorkel and freediving fins. If you do not own your own gear we have a huge selection available at special rates for program participants. Please contact DiveWorld (416) 503-3483. You will be responsible for transportation between locations, although carpooling with other students or the instructor could be arranged if needed.