Sat, Oct 21|
AIDA 3 ADVANCED FREEDIVER
Dive deeper, stay longer, grow in knowledge, and become an Advanced Freediver. $800 + HST (No hidden fees - includes course material, classroom sessions, pool fees and certification)
Time & Location
Oct 21, 11:00 a.m. – Oct 22, 11:00 a.m.
Dive World, 3138 Lake Shore Blvd W, Etobicoke, ON M8V 1L4, Canada
About the Course
The AIDA 3 is for people who have experience diving. Completing the AIDA 2 course is a prerequisite to the AIDA 3 certification. This course will instrumental in bringing all aspects of your freediving abilities to an advanced level.
Improve your technique and confidence to dive longer, deeper, and more comfortably. Learn how to dive safely with the difficulties and hazards from water pressure at increased depths.
Learn how to plan and implement specific training routines to use with a similarly experienced buddy to build your conditioning for freediving during training sessions.
Obtain an in-depth understanding of freediving concepts and physiology. This course explores deeper into the concepts introduced in AIDA 2, as well as many new concepts.
Course Structure over four days:
• Two days of classroom and pool theory sessions
• Two days of open water sessions
Course requirements to be qualify for certification:
• 55m distance underwater (DYN)
• 2:45 minutes stationary breath hold time in water (STA)
• 24m depth (CWT)
• One final exam, with a minimum passing score of 75%
• All course materials (AIDA 3 manual, presentation slides, exams)
• AIDA certification fees
• Pool entrance fees
• Low student-to-instructor ratios
What to bring:
Students are expected to bring the following:
• Proper wetsuit for open water diving
• Gloves and socks for open water diving
• Weight belt with weights
• Dive computer
*Students will be responsible for transportation between locations, although carpooling with other students or the instructor could be arranged if needed.